Thursday, July 15, 2010

Community Building with Technologies

I would use wikis and blogs to integrate more technology into a traditional classroom. Using these medias to study spelling words or perhaps more effecitvely using wikis to search vocabulary words. I would also consider using a blog for the students to journal rather than traditional pen and paper.

Social bookmarking could be used effectively as a reference tool for students from home. Often students forget notes or can't remember what homework they are to prepare for the next day and social bookmarking could easily be used for that purpose. I would also use a voicethread for readers theater every week. A different group of students could perform a small skit using voicethread and this would help them become more comfortable speaking before they were actually performing in front of a live audience.

I enjoyed the activities this week, however, it is far from my comfort zone to create these media rather than just enjoy and peruse with them.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of using voicethread to have students perform a skit. That sounds like a fun and engaging way to use technology. I also think having a blog for reminding students of their homework assignments would be very useful.

    ReplyDelete